1. Small Sided Laws of the Game 7 v 7
- Players and the Match: Games will be played with 7 players per team (6 outfield players + a keeper).
- A minimum of 5 players per team are required to start a match (4 outfielders + a keeper). A grace period of 10 minutes will be given to teams that do not have enough registered players to start the match.
- Failure to field a team of at least 5 players after the grace period has ended will result in a forfeit by that team (The game score will be recorded as a 2-0 loss).
- Offside: There is NO offside offence.
- Slide tackles: Sliding tackles are NOT permitted. Any person found to have committed a slide tackle is subject to misconduct from the referee (Yellow Card or Red Card) depending on the severity of the challenge and whether the tackle makes contact with another player or not.
- Substitutions: Substitutions can be made on the fly at the referee’s discretion. In order to Substitute a
- Goalkeeper, the referee must be notified and the Substitution may take place at the next stoppage in play.
- When the ball goes out of play along either touch-line, play is restarted with a Throw in at the nearest the point on the touchline where the ball went out of play.
- Game Duration: Matches will consist of 2 halves 25 minutes in duration. A half time of 3 minutes is to be permitted. Teams are urged to be on time in order to facilitate the start and completion of games in a timely manner.
2. Ontario Soccer Complete Concussion Management Resources
In an effort to tackle the issue of concussions in sports, the Ontario Soccer has enlisted the services of Complete Concussion Management resources via the Holland Bloorview Concussion Centre..
To learn more please click here